Sat, May 20|
Inner Harmony Retreat
Join wellness practitioners Donna Longo, Sheeba & Daniel Choi for an opportunity reTREAT yourself from anxiety and stress.
Time & Location
May 20, 2023, 8:00 AM – May 21, 2023, 11:00 AM
New Hope, 2799 Creamery Rd, New Hope, PA 18938, USA
About the event
The theme for this retreat will be fostering relief from Stress and Anxiety. You will experience a wonderful range of modalities geared towards providing you with relief as well as learn various tools to apply in your daily lives. These tools and techniques will enable you to better handle whatever stresses life brings your way, with ease, grace, and compassion so you can live with vitality and joy.
The hosts for the event are Donna Longo of Integrative Fitness, Sheeba Dandurand of Ahimsa Healing & Daniel Choi of Mercury Insight.
Come for a few hours or stay overnight. Price varies according to experience.
Details on what to expect:
8:00-9:00 AM Arrival and Breakfast
Gather, settle into your rooms if staying overnight, enjoy a healthy breakfast, and begin to decompress for a beautiful day to come. All activities are optional, as we want you to feel safe, supported and comfortable with whatever feels right for you.
Gather as a group for introductions, house rules, and presenter discussions to prepare you for the day
9:30 AM Pranayama
Pranayama is an ancient practice of breath regulation. Daniel will discuss the anatomy of the breath, the importance of breathing for stress and anxiety, and guide you through the practice of specific breathing exercises to create energy and vitality.
9:45 AM Pilates* Mat Class
Learn to coordinate the breath with movement in this traditional Pilates Mat class with Donna. Warm up the physical body, invigorate the mind, gain clarity and focus, and uplift the spirit.
* Classical Pilates is a form of physical conditioning founded by Joseph Pilates in the 1920s. It is a unique combination of eastern and western philosophies of health and fitness that creates balance in the body, mind and spirit.
10:30 AM Hike/Meditative Walking
Group hike through the trails of the Audubon Society. Enjoy spending time in Nature, walk the Pond Loop Trail and engage all your senses to experience how nature can be a healing guide to calm the mind.
11:30 AM. Lunch on Own
Bring a picnic lunch or take a trip into the nearby village of New Hope.
1:30 PM. Energy Healing
Join Sheeba for an in-depth discussion on the science and benefits of Energy work and learn techniques to practice anytime you need a little balance and grounding.
Breakout Sessions: 30 Minutes Each
Thai Massage* (extra fee $50 – multiple time options provided)
* Assisted Thai Yoga Bodywork has its foundations in the Buddhist traditions and is influenced by both the Indian and Chinese cultures and philosophies of health. Each session is done on a mat while compression massage, acupressure and stretching techniques are used to facilitate the healing power of the body, clear the mind and uplift the spirit.
Reiki* (extra fee $50 – multiple time options provided)
* A non-intrusive and gentle form of energy work that is administered through a hands on or hands over the body application. Reiki is an ancient Japanese modality that restores balance in your body’s energetic systems and harmonizes physical, emotional, mental and spiritual issues.
* Developed in China thousands of years ago, qigong involves gentle movement to optimize the flow of energy within the body, mind and spirit.
* Rhythmic drumming (as part of a shamanic ceremony), which induces an altered state of consciousness, allowing the individual to feel energized or relaxed.
Free time Activities:
- Read a book
- Journal Writing
- Walk the Orchard
- Enjoy a foot bath
- Afternoon tea
- Talk amongst new friends
6:00 PM. Dinner
Join Layla for a cooking demo and discussion about nutrition and foods that support stress and anxiety. Then, enjoy a delicious Farm to Table vegetarian meal outside under the beautiful birch trees.
Evening Fireside Chat and Dancing.
End the day with a final group gathering in gratitude for all that you learned and experienced.
Agenda for Sunday
8:00-9:00 AM. Breakfast
9:00 AM. Yoga with Daniel
10:00 AM. Nervines Oxymel Workshop* with take-home remedy for Stress
* Nervines are our allies in times of anxiety and stress. They are known to calm the nerves. The word oxymel itself means acid & honey and has long been associated with it medicinal properties. In this workshop we are going to be playing with calming herbs like catmint, lemon balm and chamomile to make a nervine oxymel to take home and use in those when we need a little extra support suppressing fight or flight sensations of stress and anxiety coursing through our systems.
10:30 AM. Group gathering and Hugs
11:00 AM. Checkout if overnight guest
For more details on the event or to register, visit the following website: