What you will need:
A pot and a pan
Hand blender or a mixer
1 large leek chopped
4 cloves of garlic chopped
2-3 carrots chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
2-3 zucchinis sliced
2 cups of broccoli
2 cups of greens : spinach or kale
1 turnip (very medicinal)
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon turmeric
Vegetable or Chicken Bone broth
¼ cup of parsley
Salt & Pepper
1. Sautee the leeks and garlic with olive oil. Once they become translucent, add the turmeric and the fresh ginger.
2. Add the other vegetables (not the greens - wait until the end) to the leek/garlic mixture. Give everything a good mix together.
3. Feel free to add some zest of the lemon that will give some flavor to the soup as well.
4. Add the broth to the mix and bring to a boil then simmer for 20-30 minutes. Cook the vegetables but don’t make mushy. Add the greens: spinach and parsley. Let them just wilt into the mixture. You don’t need to cook them. It keeps the integrity and nutritional value of the vegetable.
5. Through into the blender and add lemon juice to taste.